This post will teach you how you can jailbreak your PS3 by using our PS3 Jailbreak 4.85 CFW. It's fairly easy to do for beginners so you don't have to worry about it being too difficult! So you're looking to get more advantages on your PS3? If that's the case you should jailbreak your PS3 for sure. The jailbreak will make your PS3 able to run custom code, this means you can play games for free and use cheats.
Still not convinced? Here are some reasons why you should do it:
- Keep your warranty, update to the newest firmware after having your PS3 jailbroken and your jailbreak is gone.
- You'll be able to use cheats, win every game! Think about aimbot, unlimited ammo, cheat menu and much more.
- The jailbreak is completely free on our website, no need to waste money on something that doesn't even work.
- Play pirated games, are you struggling on what game you're going to buy next? This is pretty much your solution, you can just download a game for free and see if it's worth the money. You should support the developer of the game by buying an original copy, it probably took him/her a very long time to program.
- You'll not have to open your console, the jailbreak can be done by downloading the required files below the only thing you'll need is a USB device so you can transfer it to your PS3.
What do I need to jailbreak my PS3 on 4.85 firmware?
- A usb device, make sure it has around 300mb free storage so you can put the PS3UPDAT.PUP file on the usb device.
- This is not needed but it is highly recommended to have the latest firmware installed on your PS3 to make sure everything will work properly. You can check the current firmware version here.
- The PS3UPDAT.pup file is packed as a .zip file, you'll need a program like Winrar to open it. If you're using Windows you won't need Winrar because Windows already has a built-in feature to unzip files.
PS3 Jailbreak 4.85 CFW Tutorial
- STEP ONE
If you want to make sure the jailbreak will function 100% download the latest firmware on your PS3, this is the current firmware: 4.85
- STEP TWO
It's now time to download the required files to jailbreak your PS3, download the files directly from MediaFire:
- STEP THREE
Create a folder in your usb named "PS3" in that folder create a folder named 'UPDATE'. It should look like this:
- STEP FOUR
Extract the downloaded file PS3UPDAT.pup for the PS3 Jailbreak 4.85 to your desktop and place it in the UPDATE folder on your USB that you just created. You now have a folder named 'PS3' in your USB, in that folder there's a folder named 'UPDATE' and in that folder you've just placed the PS3UPDAT.pup file.
- STEP FIVE
Finally go to your PS3 and plug the USB in there. Go to System Update in Settings and than choose Update via Storage Media. You should get this message now: 'The latest update data was found. Version 4.85-JB'.Proceed and wait till everything is updated, your PS3 will restart several times don't worry about that.
- STEP SIX
Check your current firmware version now, it should say: Version 4.85 CFW DEX. This is the firmware you've just jailbreaked to.Your PS3 is now succesfully jailbroken! If you're having technical difficulties please contact us by going to this link: console-jailbreak.com/contact/